PRODUCER FACE OFF
"MANY OF THE CLASSIC SKATE TRACKS STILL BEING PLAYED IN THE RINKS TODAY HAVE COME FROM THE PFO."
- Mz. DJ Tone
Originally created by Tim Jonz as the "Producer Battle", the competition would later be called "The Face Off" and eventually, "Producer Face Off" under the leadership of Mz. DJ Tone. This event is an opportunity for Skate Producers to engage in a head-to-head battle and release new skate tracks that will stand the test of time. After five successful events, Mz. DJ Tone passed the torch to the First Lady of JB Skate Music, Mz. Nique, who has found ways to bring fresh ideas to the competition, while still keeping it true to its essence.
DID YOU KNOW?
In 2018, Mz DJ Tone produced and released a Single called, "Cherish Me". The track is still available for download on her Bandcamp Page. Check it out!
BRING YOUR BEST BEATS OR GET ELIMINATED!
8 SKATE PRODUCERS
HOW DOES THE PFO WORK?
- The Coordinator gives specific rules and guidelines for which 3 new skate tracks (1 per round) must be produced
- Eight slots are made available on a first come, first served basis
- Skate Producers pay an entry fee to secure a slot and submit their tracks
- A random drawing is held to determine which Skate Producers will faceoff in a head-to-head battle
- A panel of judges listen to the tracks and go "around the horn" giving their feedback to determine a winner in each face off
- The winners advance to the next round until one Skate Producer is selected as a overall winner
- The winner receives a trophy and a cash prize
If you're interested in participating or learning more about the PFO, contact Mz. Nique.
2010 (Tie w/ Dame-O)
2010 (Tie w/ Keezo Kane)
DJ Money Mike